Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Manage My Pills: A countertop appliance from Philips that reminds someone to take pills and delivers the correct dosage like a vending machine.
- AdhereTech: Smart pill bottles
- Glowcaps: Smart pill bottle lids. Acquired by NantHealth.
- Proteus Biomed: Wearable and ingestible sensors that gather information about medication-taking, activity and rest patterns. Heavily venture funded.
- Abiogenix: Early-stage startup with a smart pill box called uBox.
- PillGuard: Locking pill box that dispenses single doses at the programmed time.
- DailyMed: Packaging service from Walgreens.
- MedStart Connect: Interesting service that enables physician practices to give out 30-day samples of common meds. Then they followup with those patients and convert them to home-delivery subscribers. The reason it's in Hardware category is that the company actually wheels in a Dispensing Cabinet (probably from Pyxis) to the practice location. It probably helps them manage and track inventory of the samples.
- Allazo Health: Analytics for medication non-adherence for health insurers and Pharmacy Benefit Management companies (PBMs). Uses existing member data to anticipate medication non-adherence and predict intervention strategy.
- PictureRx: Pictorial, simple instructions and reminders for patients to take medicines correctly. Founded by an MD at Vanderbilt.
- Meds Management: Med Therapy Management company with serious pedigree
- NLM's Pillbox: Guided identification of unknown solid-dosage medications based on physical characteristics and high-resolution images. Have API, Data download and images (soon) available. Open source, based on data derived from drug labels submitted to FDA by drug manufacturers and NLM's RxNorm.
- HealthFinch: Optimizes Rx renewal requests. Only works with Allscripts Enterprise currently.
- Sirum: online community connecting safety-net clinics with donated unused drugs from suppliers, pharmacies, and health facilities
- Intelecare: White-labeled personal notification and communication management system for businesses like employers, insurers, pharmacies etc.
- HealthPrize: Web and mobile med adherence platform that combines financial incentives, education, and reminders.
- DoubleCheckMD: Patient-oriented tool for checking interactions and side-effects in prescriptions
- RxAnte: Analytics platform that targets, manages, and evaluates medication quality programs run by Care Delivery Organizations, Payers.
- CouponDoc: Indexes coupons for meds to help reduce the cost of co-pays
- WeRx: Allows users to compare and report prescription drug prices between local pharmacies. Mobile app too.
- ZappRx: Very early stage startup focusing on ePrescribing platform for physicians, and a Rx management app for patients.
- Iodine: Stealth mode. Consumer-focused medication information and analytics.
- MedAware: Reducing incorrect prescriptions based on machine learning
- MemoText: Personalized, interactive patient adherence messaging using self-learning algorithm.
- Adheris: Explicitly adherence focused analytics, program management and services. Owned by InventivHealth, a consulting company.
- Mirixa: MTM network provider
- Outcomes MTM: MTM Network provider, plus have proprietary software
- Dovetail Health: Medication mgmt solutions - consult, design programs, implement, report on them.
- PharmaSecure:Preventing counterfeit drugs and enabling brand protection for pharma. Been around since around 2011, when they got some publicity from getting investment from Eric Schmidt's venture fund.
- Sproxil:Like PharmaSEcure, focusd on anti-counterfeiting using mobile technology
- LDM Group: Behavior based prescription management programs
- OptimizeRx: Co-pay card vendor for EMRs. Some overlap with LDM group
- RxRevu: Provide medication savings research as an API for embedding inside portals or mobile applications
- PipeLineRx: Clinical TelePharmacy company. Has distributed pharmacist network, EHR connections.
- ActualMeds: Formerly AdhereTx. NIH grant funded from Univ. of Connecticut. A web-based tool to manage complex medication regimens. Risk Assessment and Medication Therapy Management, Reconciliation service value proposition. Includes guided interview called KnowMyMeds.
- DrFirst: Standalone eprescibing solution mostly. Used by a lot of smaller/nicher EHR players.Have other peripheral offerings like secure communication.
- RxDataPoint: Creating a database of pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement data
- TelePharm: Telepharmacy company like PipelineRx. Relatively new, raised $2.5M in Aug 2014.
- RealEndpoints: Analytics for pharma reimbursement
- GoodRx: Med price transparency platform for consumers, businesses, doctors
- ID My Pill: Identify medications by taking a picture of them from your smartphone.
- MedSnap: Proprietary pill-recognition technology
- MedWatcher: Tracks the side effects of drugs, vaccines, and medical devices through user reports and social media
- OATBook: Oral Anti-coagulant Therapy management - record INR, get reminders, track appointments.
- AI Cure: Smartphone camera based vision technology that confirms facial identity, dosage, time and correct ingestion.
- RxNetwork: Custom apps for reminders, med management and rewards platform. Early-stage.
Near-Commodity Reminder, Med list management offerings (app/web):
- MonitorMyMeds: Reminders for meds. Can incorporate personalized voice messages by caregivers. $8/month.
- Nightingale: Started by MIT dropout Thiel Fellow.
- Mango Health: App to log meds, get reminder, interaction alerts, and adherence rewards
- MediSafe Project
- PillBoxie: Virtual pillbox on smartphone to help remind and organize the real one.