Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Cardiogram: Ex-google founders, applying deep learning to mobile health data. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz.
- Neura: Using AI to optimize mobile apps and IoT devices for Med adherence. Interesting SDK approach. Raised $13M. Israeli team, located in Sunnyvale.
- Enlitic: SF-based, $15M raised. Applying deep-learning to areas like triage, radiology, screening.
- Deep6: AI-based text analysis of EHRs to find clinical trial candidates. ? Funding.
- Digital Reasoning: Cognitive computing applied to industries. Healthcare focus. $73.9M raised.
- PhysIQ: ML applied to biosignals to create a personal baseline. Selling to post-acute providers, pharma (clinical trials), wearable/device manufacturers. $11.9M raised.
- DreaMed Diabetes: $5.3M raised from Medtronic. Closed-loop insulin delivery tech. CE mark for artificial pancreas.
- Roam Analytics: ML platform for various applications in healthcare. $21M raised.
- Hindsait: Various applications of NLP, ML in Healthcare. Unknown funding.
- Precision Health AI: $20M Series A in 2017. Oncology treatment focus.
- Carta: ML-based predictive models off of EHR data. Inpatient-focused. Funded by AMV.
- Eko.ai: Stealth but something around Echocardiograms. Singapore.
- Vital ER: AI-based ED operational flow insights (predict admissions, staffing needs, etc). Led by ex-Founder of Mint.com Aaron Patzer. $5.2M seed. DFJ, First Round. New Zealand based. Collaborate with Emory University.
- Care.AI: IoT platform, focused on ROI-based use cases like hand sanitization, falls, pressure ulcers. Make their own hardware. based on Google Coral toolkit.
- ClosedLoop.AI: Data science platform for healthcare. Model build/deployment made easier.
- Owkin: Applying federated learning to medical research. $18M Series A. GV backed. European team/founders, but based in NYC.
- Zebra Med: AI applied to medical imaging. $20M raised. Israeli.
- Jvion: Cognitive computing applied to clinical data to make various predictions. $9M raised.
- AI Cure: Applying machine learning and computer vision to medication adherence. Smartphone camera can verify if the patient took medication. Raised $15M+.
- Gauss Surgical: $24M raised. Computer vision and AI for measuring blood loss during surgery. Since 2011.
- BayLabs: Applying deep learning to ultrasound imaging. $5.3M Series A.
- Aidence: Medical image analysis. Amsterdam. $2.5M raised.
- Paige.AI: Pathology AI Guidance Engine. Oncology focus. $25M Series A.
- Qure.ai: Imaging AI
- Viz.AI: AI-based identification of suspected large vessel occlusion (LVO) strokes. $80M+. KPCB, GV.
- Arterys: AI for radiology workflow. $46M raised. Has FDA approvals.
- Brainomix: AI interpretation of brain CT scans of stroke patients. $13M raised. UK based.
- MD.AI: Annotation tool, algorithms and datasets.
- Path.ai: AI in Pathology. $75M+ raised. Boston. General Catalyst.
- AIDoc: $41.5M raised. Israel. FDA cleared. Analyzes CT exams for a suspected intracranial hemorrhage, then prioritizes workflow for radiologist
- Densitas: FDA-cleared. $1.3M raised. Canadian. Assesses breast density (associated with increased risk of breast cancer) on digital mammograms.
- Fathom Health: Applying AI and deep learning NLP to reimbursement. Formerly TinyRx (on-demand prescription delivery service, shut down in May 2016). Raised $7.7M. Google ventures included.
- CloudMedX: $6.7M raised. Billing optimization.
- Alpha Health: Ex-A16Z partner is founder. RCM focus. Stealth but most probably well funded. ?A16Z.
- Atomwise: Drug discovery using AI. Raised $6M+
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals: Drug discovery using AI. $58M raised.
- Benevolent.ai: AI for drug discovery and bioscience innovation in general. $140M raised. UK based.
- GNS Healthcare: Machine learning applied for precision medicine. Solutions around patient segmentation, drug discovery. $43M raised.
- Berg: Unknown funding. Therapy discovery using omics data.
- Turbine: Cancer therapeutics using AI. Unknown funding. EU.
- BioAge Labs Drug discovery related to aging. $10.9M Series A led by A16Z.
- Qrativ: AI platform to identify treatments for rare diseases. $8.5M. Mayo Clinic.
- Engine Bio: $10M Seed in Jan 2018.
- Insitro: Founder is Stanford's Daphne Koller
- Verge Genomics: $32M. DFJ.
- Deep Genomics: Using ML to predict effects of genetic variation on a disease context. $3.7M raised. Canadian.